1. AUB provides higher education at a comparatively aordable cost in the country, allowing eco-nomically weak guardians to educate their wards at an institution of higher learning. As such ithas been playing an important role in human resource development and thus in the socio-economicdevelopment of the country.
2. The academic curriculum of AUB has been developed with the help of experts from reputed uni-versities, at home and abroad, to provide high quality education comparable to that of world-classuniversities.
3. In academic programs, AUB has adopted an inter-disciplinary approach so that the graduates ofAUB are equipped with multi-dimensional insights to face the challenges of real life in the complexmodern world.
4. The curricula and the co-curricular activities have been integrated with ethical and moral valuesso that the AUB graduates become morally upright and professionally sound.
AUB has a rich library from which students can borrow textbooks, reference books, journals, and audio-visual materials. Library resources include printed materials, lms, videos and CDs.
AUB believes in an integrated approach to education. Accordingly, with an objective to produce anintegrated personality among students, AUB has adopted some co-curricular programs for the students.These are as follows.
1. Academic Activities
2. Community Service
3. Morality Development and Cultural Activities
4. Sports and Game
The academic activities of students include seminars, workshops, debate, programming contests, softwarecompetitions, and so on, which help the students expand their knowledge and gain experience and trainingin academic pursuits beyond their textbooks and courses.
The community service inculcates among the students a sense of responsibility to the community, nation,and humanity at large. This includes assistance (relief) to the victims of natural calamities, help to theneedy, blood donations, and so on.
AUB dierentiates between literacy and education. Literacy refers to professional skills alone, whileeducation incorporates moral and ethical development. The elements of ethics and morality have beenincorporated in both curricular and co-curricular activities of AUB, including seminars and talks onmoral issues.
Besides, AUB supports student sports, which are important for both physical development and a soundstate of mind. AUB students are also active in sports and games. They have participated in nationalinter-university sports tournaments and have done well in them.
Students of AUB spend an active life beyond their studies in accordance with the co-curricular activitiesplanned by both AUB and by the students themselves. In debate, AUB teams participated at inter-university competitions and became winners at a debate competition organized by Bangladesh Television,and also did well in international competitions in Malaysia and other countries. They regularly organizeseminars and workshops in which VIPs like ministers, scholars and academicians participate.
The students of AUB are active in community service. They mobilize relief funds, distribute them to thevictims of calamities, and also provide assistance to the poor in slum areas. AUB received \The BestMotivator of the Year" award in blood donation, awarded by the Sandhani, Dhaka Medical College.
Besides, in morality and culture, AUB students organize seminars and talks to inculcate and strengthenmoral values among the students.
However, all kinds of direct political activism are prohibited at AUB.